The random rants and meaningful musings of seven digital divas (who happen to have MS)

Friday, June 8, 2007

Colouring my hair...

Shop-Till-You-Drop
Hi there,
Decided to try and add some highlights to my hair - so I got one of those box kits you can do at home. Cant be that hard I thought...

Followed the instructions

1. Dampen hair - which means having to try and wet hair in sink, without giving yourself a bath at the same time.

2. Mix together bottle A and sachet B - if you can get them open it would be easy!

3. Divide hair into sections and cover with mixture using wand supplied - ewk panic arms are killing me by this point, and I'm tierd so one eye is going bit blurry. So trying to pick chunk size strands to highlight whilst wearing plastic gloves is no easy task.

I know I haven't got the highlights in the same place on either side of my head but not much I can do about it. Its taken me ages and I'm bit concerned as supposed to leave it 10minutes form time of last application. However its already 25min since I started and don't want my hair to go funny. So I throw the wand around a bit, sit back and wait...

4. Rinse hair then dry - dum de dum, moment of truth, Actually not bad , not bad!
Quite impressed some subtle hints of colour without looking like a 3year old has been let loose on my head. Looking good :)

4 comments:

Smokey said...

I am glad it went ok. They are such a pain to do.

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oooooooo bet you look sexy ;o)

Candy Cane said...

i'm too much of a wimp to dye my hair.... i think mousy brown is sexy anyway

♥ Vikki Dreams♥ said...

I ENJOYED READING ABOUT YOUR HAIR COLORING ADVENTURE ! I WAS TOLD ONCE YOU HAVE IT DONE PROFESSIONALLY YOU CANNOT DO IT YOURSELF WITH THOSE KITS. WHICH REALLY IS THE PITS ! IT COST A SMALL FORTUNE !
GLAD IT WORKED WELL FOR YOU.
I'M OFF TO THE SALON IN 3 MONTHS TO HAVE MY HIGH LIGHTS TOUCHED UP...SIGH