The random rants and meaningful musings of seven digital divas (who happen to have MS)

Monday, August 6, 2007

Agencies

Shop-Till-You-Drop
Hi All,
Being a while, cross between being busy and being very yuck. Still, had a few days of nice sunshine so the world seems a brighter place!

Bit of a moan today about the agency who do my care. My regular lady is lovely, does what she's supposed to do and generally doesn't do my head in too much. But she's off on holiday for 4 weeks (off to marry some distant relative abroad).

So the agency sent me a NEW person. NP. Looked promising. She arrived on time at 10am.

First thing she says to me is "Hope you've not got a lot for me to do. I'm really tired!" How's that for a promising start? Went downhill after that!! She took 25min to change my bed, even I could have done it in that time (ok, I would have to spend the rest of the day in bed but...). She claimed "I can't do quilts". Huh? Presume you do your own , never mind it's part of your job!

Asked her to hoover my tiny flat's living room. She huffed and she puffed (she didn't blow the house down but it would have made a good story).

Was going to get her to mop but I'd had enough of her attitude so she left. Then I checked the book and even though she got off 25mins early she's claiming she did the full 1.5 hours. Despite managing to ignore lots of things that needed doing, and on a go-slow .

Grrrrrrr... I hate it when I have to motivate people to do things. Lucky me, I think I'm stuck with her for the next 4 weeks. But if she's going to claim my time then I'm going to have to make her work, even if she's moaning and groaning.

Don't understand why some people do this job if they're going to grumble?

My flat not that an unpleasant place to be. It's not an out of 'How clean is your house?' hellish environment. Oh well, I'm going to have to put my foot down. Shame that you have to be like that with support people who are supposed to make your life easier!

3 comments:

Siren said...

In teenagers it's endearing... well not really but at least you expect it, but in a paid worker!

Being charitable, maybe she had a bad day!

Assertiveness then if that has no effect a written list of what you expect from her and headphones on to drown out the moaning... that's my suggestion!

Be strong!

Sirenity

Wednesday Addams said...

*hugs s-t-y-d*

You've really got to wonder about some of them, I agree. I mean, the clue's in the job title.."Carer"..implies that a caring attitude might be a useful attribute?

And they can't be doing it for the money!

Naughty but Nice said...

As Linda said she might have been having a bad day, so give her a chance, but one chance only and if she's like it again, I say kick her ass!!!!! lol